Stalking Whole Foods



What do you do to beat the heat? While some people have the privilege of turning on the air conditioning as the thermometer rises, I'm not one of those people.

But I have my wits about me and love a challenge, so I just determine the best course of action for staying nourished and cool.

Go hide at an air conditioned location that allows noshing.

When it's so hot I can't concentrate or even fathom the idea of cooking I go hide at Whole Foods.

The have a great selection of fresh and prepared foods as well as a hot bar and salad bar.

Pictured above is a $1.50 cool down snack. Although Whole Foods is often blamed for emptying bank accounts, it is a great place for a bargain. You just have to look for it.

My go to meals are quick stove-top meals.

Below is pictured a delicious meal that incorporates canned, frozen and fresh whole foods, which makes this meal quick, filling and nourishing. It's a blend of sauteed fresh zucchini and baby Bella's with canned cannelloni beans and tomatoes and frozen spinach.



Another way to beat the heat: Ethnic Take Out

Greek food is an excellent choice. The Mediterranean diet has long been touted as an excellent choice for those wanting to fuel up with our getting fat/calorie overload.

Below is a sampling from Aladdin's Eatery my go to take out stop. Felafel's with hummus and tabbouleh.



Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?