Social Eating aka Healthy Eating Sabotage!

Remember the other day when I said in my food journal that I had potato chips?

I was at a graduation party when I had said potato chips. Also, I helped to set up for the party (it was for a close friends daughter). I thought of them as a small treat for all the hard work I was putting in.

Bottom line: they made my stomach hurt. I have been off bad fats and junky junk food for a while now and my body is really rejecting them now. Yay! I consider this a real milestone.

But I realized that you might not be to that point yet. And a case of "social junk eating" could really stumble you on your path to healthful eating or even worse cause a relapse into bad eating habits.

So, here are a few tips for avoiding un-healthful foods at social gatherings:

- Bring a dish that follows the hosts theme (the host will love you and you will have a great and healthful option)

- Bring a healthful snack food (tortilla chips and salsa or guac instead of potato chips)

- Bring a dessert that is devoid of refined sugar and flour (make or buy or ask me to make it since you know I love to bake)

- Bring a salad chock full of veggies and don't forget the protein(This will fill you up and keep you from noshing on the bowls of junk sitting around)

- Eat something right before you go (this is a great option if you plan on eating whatever the host serves no matter what it is. If you go with a half full stomach there will be less room for the not so healthful foods you will be indulging in)


Wednesday June 22


B: *One bite of Sumi salad
*Black Bean Salad "Black beans, red onions, cilantro, red pepper, yellow pepper and sweet corn that i didn't eat)
*Peanut Butter Larabar
*Coconut Cream Larabar

L: *Sunflower Pesto Pasta (semolina pasta, organic baby spinach, basil, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, sunflower seeds, organic garlic, sea salt)










D: *Blood Orange Sorbet(more on this tomorrow)
*Chocolate Cashew Raw Food Bar
*1/2T Trader Joe's sun dried tomatoes
*Cheesy soup(1/2T sundried tomatoes nutritional yeast, olive oil, sea salt, water), *zucchini sauteed in olive oil with nutritional yeast sauce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?