You can take this (Apple) and (Bake) it!


I always like to think im above the hype.

Like that old "an apple a day.." rant that teachers figuratively (if you went to public school) pounded into students about how they would magically avoid all forms of illness if they ate the apple that came with their lunch instead of chucking it across the lunchroom**.

BUT....I feel a bit healthier for eating an apple.

Not being one to enjoy following the crowd I try to eat my apples in a very naughty way. This makes me feel better about feeling better for eating an apple.

BUT....Being that I strive to only eat things that work with my body, you know I had to take a naughty recipe and make it Healthy Coworker.

With the recipe as-is you can eat it for breakfast, be fueled til lunch, and not feel bad about it.

**I was more of an apple chucker and not because I didnt like fruit. The apples they served us were obviously Genetically Modified to perfectly fit our hands and to be mass produced (there were so many apples!!!!). And even though I didnt know what a GMO was at that tender age I knew to avoid those sketchy thangs like the plague. Plus, they tasted like sandy paper more often than not.

Apple Crisp
makes 6 servings

6 apple (3 tart 3 sweet is best)
8 graham crackers
3/4 cup packed date sugar or sucanat(use 1/4c if using all sweet apples)
1/2 c whole wheat flour (or 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs)
1/2c quick oats
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 c olive oil

1 peel core and slice apples and put them in an oven safe dish
2 coursely chop graham crackers then add all dry ingredients
3 add oil to dry ingredients
(if you use agave or maple syrup as your sweetner add it at this point)
4 sprinkle evenly over apples
5 loosely cover with foil and bake 45 min n oven preheated to 350 degrees 6 remove foil and bake another 5 to 10 minutes (til apples tender)

Variations:

- 1/4 cup yellow raisins and 1/4 cup walnuts
- use 1/2 c agave or maple syrup for an even friendlier dish

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?