Farm to Table Conference


Last weekend (Saturday March 26,2011 to be precise) I went to the Farm to Table Conference at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.

For $10 admission you get to wander around the ballroom and check out the exhibitors as well as special presentations and cooking demonstrations.




At one booth I learned all about the many uses of Hemp. Did you know there is a concrete application for hemp? Crazy!




Hanging at the Bar(re)

Did I ever tell you I wanted to be a ballerina when i was a wee lass?

Well, I did. The seeming glamour of the dance world and the beautiful impossibility of dancing en pointe really spoke to me. SO entranced was I by that aspect of it, I taught myself to stand en pointe. I do not suggest anyone try this since I could have broken something attempting it, but now I have a neat trick to show people at parties.

Weird talents are ALWAYS a great conversation starter!

Alas I never pursued that dream. Well, outside of Pilates and Barre work outs.

I know you are asking yourself what this has to do with Farming Tables, but just stick with me it does.

One of the exhibitors at the Farm to Table was a local ballet dancer who along with a fellow dancer came up with this tasty and cleverly called "Barre".




And yes I bought two and pretended I was a dancer while nibbling on them later in the week. They were delicious!

And they have a beautiful ingredient list: Dates, Walnuts, Pecans, Agave Syrup, Hemp Seed, Rolled Oats, Hemp Powder, Ground Flax, Brown Rice Protein, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Salt



And what do you eat after a conference on being more connected to the farmers that supply our food? Chipotle!!!

Why chipotle?

Because they aim to "serve with integrity", which means they try to serve "the very best sustainably raised food possible with an eye to great taste, great nutrition and great value...support and sustain family farmers who respect the land and the animals in their care...whenever possible...use meat from animals raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones."

At least thats what the interweb says and I (rarely) believe what the interweb says. :-)

Beauty was its name:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?