Spring to Summer

 
Amazing that lovely spring flowers were in bloom when I left for Florence.
 
And I returned to the full heat and humidity of summer. Although the humidity is never desirable, how lovely it is to have summer produce ones disposal. Eating local is exceptionally pleasurable is the summer when berries and squash are ripe.
 
What quick meals do you enjoy in the summer season?
When its too hot to cook?

 If you're expecting a recipe for salad I'm terribly sorry to disappoint you. I like nutrient dense foods and lettuce is not particularly high on that list. And I'm not much of a fan of raw spinach although it is higher on the list.
 
Sushi is a lovely treat any time of year. Lazy sushi is a great way to get the taste of sushi without the work of rolling.
 
Step 1: put rice on a place other sushi toppings

Step 2: Use your hand or foot to grasp some rice
with a piece of sushi paper.
 
Stir fries are also great.
Quick, healthy, flavorful and delicious.
After all, a stir fry is basically a hot salad isn't it?

tofu, avocado, sundried tomato, kale stir fry
 
 Qaa (pronounced quah) is one of my favorite as I loosely call it salad.
 But only because I am biased against the word.
 
I had to find a short name for this salad because my friends say the old name is way too long.
This is actually a variation with the protein rich addition of Quinoa.
 
When I'm feeling exceptionally wily I add chickpeas as well,
which I say only to give you the hint that this is adaptable and versatile little dish.
 
Tasty warm or after its been in the fridge for a while,
which is to say I make a big batch and eat from it for days.
Enjoy!
 
Qaa
(Quinoa, Avocado and Artichoke Salad)
 
 
6 cups cooked quinoa
1-2 avocado, pitted and chopped
1-2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
1/4 c fresh cilantro
1 big cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 can artichokes, drained, rinsed and sliced in half
1/4 c olive oil
1t salt
1/4c salsa verde (optional)
1/2 c chickpeas (optional)
 
Throw all into a bowl and have a stir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?