The End of Tomato Season


The impending frosty nights caused everyone to run to their
gardens and harvest the last bits of freshness hanging out there.
For my mum that meant lots of green tomatoes.
She had about 3 baskets full of tomatoes and lots of them
were green.

All those green tomatoes. Oh you are going to be delicious...
I'm a fan of oven roasting pretty much anything.
If I could figure out a way to oven roast chocolate
we would have a serious problem...
Or is that just hot cocoa? Ill figure it out....

Anyhoo, a great way to use up the bounty of your
(or your mother's in my case) garden is oven
roasting whatever you grew.

After you roast it theoretically you can freeze it.
I say theoretically because I cant seem to stop myself
or my family from inhaling what Ive just roasted.


Rub the sliced beauties with Olive Oil


Sprinkle on some "Oregano, Basil , Sun dried Tomato"
(or make your own) and sea salt
 
Bake 30 minutes at 350


Serve with oven roasted squash and Potatoes
I'm Gon Eat You Up! Banjo!
 Other things to do with Tomatoes....

Taco Feast!
So a friend was in town for the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management annual meeting in Pittsburgh at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall, Oakland. It was a 3-day all day conference, so she didn't have time to sight see or socialize. So, Saturday night we had a nice little fiesta.

I used a load of tomatoes (not home grown) to make the salsa using her recipe (5-7 tomatoes, 1 purple onion, 2 jalapenos, 1 avocado all chopped and put in a bowl, mix and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and the juice of 2 limes). It was a-yum-yum ridiculously delicious meal of tacos, rice, corn, smashed black beans, fresh salsa with avocado, tossed salad and tortilla chips..

My mouth is watering....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?