Excused absence... Quinoa and Phipps

We are finally having wonderfully spring-like weather. What better way to celebrate the emergence of spring than a free trip to Phipps Conservatory.

Check out the unique specimen below. The first plant was about 4 feet in width and found in the cacti room. I also saw some blue agave plants (yum) but neglected to take a pic.



Below is a hybrid azalea. Beautiful!



I am back on the exercise wagon. Eating healthy I do with ease, but exercise and I are not best friends.

SO I am trying to eat a more protein rich diet to help me sustain energy and build muscle. Im already seeing a difference after 2 weeks. I love it when a workout promises something and really comes through.

Here is one of the protein packed meals ive been enjoying:



Here's a creepy closeup so you can see the detail!



Wasn't that pleasant?

Here's the skinny for this super simple protein packed microwave meal:

1/4 c dry quinoa
1/4 c tomatoes
1/2 c kale, collard, mustard
1/2 T olive oil
1 t sea salt

1) Put the quinoa in a deep microwave safe bowl. Fill with enough water to cover quinoa and 1/2 inch more.

2) microwave 5 minutes stir then nuke 5 more.

3) put in tomatoes and and greens and microwave 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.

4) stir and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?