Bandwagon of Culinary Love: Kale chips



Ingredients: nutritional yeast, kale, olive oil and sea salt.
Yum!

Did I ever tell you about my love of recipes with 5 ingredients or less?

I get discouraged when I open a recipe book and there are 20 ingredients.
Having to go out and buy 15 things to make a dish is just not ideal.
Not at all good for a budget.

The only thing I had to go out and buy for this recipe was fresh kale as I usually only keep the frozen variety on hand. And the kale cost only $3, so this recipe is definitely not a budget buster. Especially since you can get kale for less than that.

But this was organic co-op kale. It's pretty stuck up and snooty, but it taste good so that more than makes up for pretentious attitude.

And I've definitely found a new snack that im drooling over.

I really like the idea of eating "raw" but not the price tag that goes along with it since my home has long winters that would not allow me to have a garden year round to cut costs. Or the cost of a dehydrator.

Im still hoping someone will gift me a dehydrator. It's my Regular Pioneer anniversary this month (4 years and counting) so there is still hope Ill get one.

Steps to Deliciousness

1) Wash and de-stem your kale

2) Pour 3 T of olive oil over the leaves

3) Sprinkle on 2 T of nutritional yeast. Massage the oil and yeast into the leaves. Spread on a lightly oiled baking sheet

4) Bake at 250 for 20 to 30 minutes with the door ajar

5) Store in and airtight container providing you have any left to store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?