Food Review: Gardein Buffalo wings

For the record no I have not suddenly become rich and started buying expensive processed food!

These were on sale at whole foods and i downloaded a $1.00 off coupon from the Gardein website (no longer available). I've had another of their products (the marinara Chicken Good Stuff...weird name but delicious product) so I decided to use the coupons. I had two coupons so i bought one package of the Marinara chicken and one package of the buffalo wings.

Here's how you prepare them.........


Brown them in a pan with 1T oil over medium high heat:





Throw on the sauce (which has been thawing in a bowl of hot water):



Plate it (with Trader Joe's "Water" and "Flax" crackers):




In my opinion...


They were pretty good. The sauce was spicy, but the spiciness didn't overpower the flavor at all. The texture of the chicken was spot on for a boneless chicken wing. I'm going to have to try springing them on a meat eater to see just how convincing the texture is for them tho. Friends beware! mwahahaha....Wow! Even my evil laugh typed out isn't very convincing...lol

I think if i ever buy them again i will try using the chicken part in a chicken Alfredo (chicken, fettuccine noodles, nutritional yeast cream sauce, broccoli and mushrooms). I would also like to try breading the chicken and then adding the sauce. I really like breaded wings....nom nom nom...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?