Under $20: Tea Party Edition

 
Entertaining does not have to be expensive.
There I said it. And I mean it too.
Especially if you are anywhere in the vicinity of a Trader Joe's,
but even if you dont you can have a party for 4 for under $20.

Step 1: Make a guest list
Step 2: Make a menu
Step 3: Go shopping (be flexible)
 
I put together a last minute Tea Party Luncheon a few weekends ago.
It always pays to be high on creativity when you are low on funds.
Creative cha-ching!

One of the best things about Trader Joe's is that they have one type of item in a variety of prices points. Or in other words 3 kinds of grapes at three different prices depending on your taste preference and budget. Love it!

SO, since I already had the guest list together (me, cuz and baby cuz) I made up a menu (Chicken Salad Sandwiches, potato chips, Thomchord grapes, cookies and baby carrots) and then went to Trader Joe's. Lo and behold there was none of the chicken salad that i wanted to serve. Argh!

Thinking as quickly as possible(I had to shop and get to the bus stop in 5 minutes..lol) I brainstormed a new idea. I improvised and bought one of their prepared salads (Avocado, Feta Chicken Salad with honey mustard dressing, pistachios and cranberries $4.99) and some flat breads. My thought was to buy the salad and the bread and turn it into wraps.
 
When I got to the fruit section I noticed the adorable champagne grapes were only $1.99 (and did I mention adorable?) so I got those instead of the Concord Thompson blend ones.
 
Also on the list: Baby carrots ($2), plantain chips (under $2),
chewy chocolate chip cookies (around $3) and SnaPea Crisps (under $2).
 
My total came to $17 and some change. Score!
 And that total included some extras I purchased.

Everyone had fun and enjoyed the food and tea (Peach Mango White Tea).
That's what it's all about...
hokey pokey!

What it looked like:

choc chip cookies, plantains, carrots, grapes and chicken wraps

SnaPea crisps! And decorations.

That's my Greek White Bean and Tomato wrap on the back plate.

All the yummy on one plate.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?