Mercurio's and Pino Gelato

It was like a crazy Gelato weekend!
I went to two different Gelato places in one weekend.
How odd is that?

Did I have Gelato? No Why? Because this is America
and Americans don't seem to make Soy Gelato as freely as Italians.
Oddly enough.

But I had loads of Sorbetto to sop up my tears.
That makes no sense.....

Mercurio's

I have been wanting to try Mercurio's in Shadyside for a while..
Well, since I heard they had a wood fired oven for making their pizzas

Oh baby!

You know you can't recreate the taste of Firenze without some fire!
That slight charring of the crust adds flavor and character to the pie.
I'm sweating a bit just thinking about the taste-bud overload.

August 18th I finally got my chance to go!


Raspberry Sorbetto
And how cute is the little cup?

I would show you the pizza, but I ate the whole thing
No worries. I went to a 2 hour line dancing class after.
Tee hee hee....

But I can tell you it was delicious.
All I needed was some pepperoncini oil
and the transportation to firenze would have been almost complete.


The prices are super affordable.
$.0.70 an ounce.

Verdict:
Go there for the Pizza,
Stay for the Gelato.
This place is definitely going into the rotation.

Pino Gelato

Blueberry-Pom and Blood Orange Sorbetto

I went to this place to use my Groupon on August 19th.
At first I gave the Groupon to my dad.
He was going to give them to somone else thinking it was too far.

But then he realized it might be worth the drive
and asked me to come along.
Boy was I glad I did.

I was not optimistic when we pulled up to a strip mall.
Rude! I know I am but what are you.
But don't worry. This story has a happy ending.

They have a cute little (narrow would be a better word) store
with stereotypically "Tuscan" decorations and plenty of sorbetto flavors to choose from.

Objects in mirror are as narrow as they appear....
multitude of flavors
I tried the Blood Orange and Pomegranate-Blueberry flavors
The blood orange was tangy and fresh tasting.
Not bitter like many blood orange incarnations.
And the Pom-blue had an excellent balance of the two flavors.

But both were SUPER sweet for someone
who is not used to sweet things.

I had a Chipotle chaser to help with the sugar overload.
Tee hee hee!



That probably adds to the appeal of the place for me.
Walking distance to other delightful places for noshing...

And you recyclers and re-users out there
will be happy to hear I saved the little Gelato cups
 and am using them as jewelry catch-alls.

So cute and colorful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?