Secret Weapon #3

Hips Replacement. No not the literal surgery. So do not go telling your real life friends (or your imaginary ones) that you read a blog today by a crazy lady who suggested surgery to lose weight. That doesnt make sense in my mind (especially since hip replacements are made of metal so that would make you gain weight..duh!).

So, now that that's out of the way let's focus on what I do mean: Replace those foods that are adding weight to your frame and replacing your womanly curves(hips) with unsightly fat deposits (HHIIPPSS aka hippo hips).

Another name for this is craving replacement. When you crave something naughty try to find something that will fill the craving without throwing your body into a junk food tailspin. The replacement should be similar in taste or texture or you will just keep craving that thing.

Some examples:

-When I am craving potato chips I have a baked potato topped with veggies and hummus. Its filling and really hits the spot. But if that is too healthy I will slice a raw potato into wedges, rub it with olive oil and bake it 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

-When I am craving ice cream I have banana based soft serve. This is basically a frozen banana (or two) blended with fruit or cocoa powder depending on what kind of ice cream im craving. A yummy combination: 1 or 2 frozen banana 2 teaspoon cinnamon(a cinamon based spice blend is even better) 1/4cup coconut milk (the creamy canned stuff)

-Craving something fried? Oven fry it and save loads of calories. Use panko bread crumbs in the coating to help simulate the crunch of fried food.

-Craving something sweet and decadent? Have a baked sweet potato with a heaping tablespoon of almond butter and a healthy drizzle of agave. This taste really naughty, but every ingredient works with your body instead of against it. More on that later.

Secret Weapon #3.5:

This secret only works if your overeating results from compensation (there is something else you want so you eat instead). Are you ready for it? Are you sure? Are you sitting down? I hope so because my insurance will not cover you for any injuries incurred while reading this blog. That was my disclaimer. This is the secret: fall in love. I was doing pretty good with portion control, but then I fell in love and completely lost my appetite.

You do not neccessarily have to fall in love with a human. You can fall in love with a designer dress that you will only fit into if you lose weight. That is a wonderful motivation if you can afford it. I, however, am rather poor and so was forced to fall in love with a human being because that is a free endeavor.

Let me know how that works for you....

Disclaimer: On the odd chance that the fella I love actually reads this I'd just like to clarify that I would love him even if I was rich cause im just that kinda dame. And he's just that amazing! winkety wink wink!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?