Im on a boat! Salad Weather...

strange angle of the city

Okay so I kow this is not the best angle of the city or the most popular.

BUT

(That was a big but in case you missed it..lol)

I love how the slope of the off ramp illustrates
the slopes and hills found all over the area
contrasted with the apparent flatness of the downtown area.

Something about Florence that reminded me of home was this
juxtaposition and now that I'm home this reminds me of Florence.
But it is something I love about Pittsburgh:
constant altitude changing.

Driving around you don't always get a sense of how much you are going up and down hill,
but when you walk as much as i do you feel the change in your calf's (or is it calves).

Bridges

just get on already

I almost got fussed at for holding up the entry line trying to take pictures.
Oops!
I'm a photography nerd, what can I say?


For the best view of the city exit from this tunnel and prepare to gasp.
I know people who will take the roundabout way to town just to
be able to drive out of town guest through this tunnel and make
them eat their "Pittsburgh is lame/ugly/etc." words for dinner.

Some yummy salads I have loved.....

That sounds like the title to a really (faux) cheesy novel.


Kale, Romaine, artichokes, carrots, nutritional yeast,
sauerkraut, and microwave roasted almonds.

Kale, artichokes, steamed veg, quinoa,
marinated mushrooms and roasted red peppers, and sauerkraut.

Have I mentioned I'm slightly obsessed with artichokes and sauerkraut?
These two boys are ridiculously pale and delicious and nutritious.

Artichokes have fiber, help lower cholesterol (cough..meat eaters)
and good for the liver.

And the sauerkraut is crammed with health benefits like
helps boost immune system and aids healthy digestion.
Probiotics anyone?
Yay fermentation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?