Weekend Awesomeness

This Weekend was my Circuit Assembly. It was a ridiculously wonderful weekend! SO much wonderful instruction and spiritual food! Assemblies and Conventions always help me with refocusing on what is really important and with setting big goals.

And last week was rather stressful so I was definitely glad to be going and spending time with spiritually minded people for two full days in a row.

And I was blessed enough to be able to volunteer in two different departments. I love helping out in the coat room! You get to talk to so many people coming in.

After the Saturday session we went to Whole Foods for dinner. I bought the candle cafe mac and cheese because it was on sale and there was a coupon, but i also bought the Harrys Samosas just in case it wasn't that great.

Good thing I did. That mac n cheese was nothing to write home about. I wouldn't buy it again even on sale and with a coupon. There wasn't enough cheese and the shredded cheese on top of it didn't blend well the sauce so as to coat the noodles.

After Sunday session we went to LongHorn Steakhouse.

And yes I do see the irony in  a veg eater going to a steakhouse. I went into the place thinking I was going to be eating ice water for dinner, but came out full and happy.

They had plenty of adjustable side dishes and salads. And normally I'm not a salad girl, but the description of this caught my eye:

SIGNATURE SALADS:
Strawberry & Pecan Salad
Greens, strawberries, grapes, oranges, onion, feta, pecans & raspberry vinaigrette (0n the side)

Better yet, the staff definitely put together a beautiful and tasty salad. It had the mixed baby greens and romaine so the base was flavorful and hearty.


There are some interesting totally "cowboy" decorations in LongHorn, but being the secret cowgirl that I am, I really dug it.


Especially the decorative belt buckles at the entrance, the beautiful paintings and all the cowboy boots and hats. I so don't hate it!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?