If I make 12 I'll eat 12! or How to Make 1 Muffin



Okay so Im not really that greedy, but sometimes I would like a cupcake or muffin
and don't feel like going through the process of making a full pan.

Solution?

Just make one.

This recipe has been seen in various places under various names, but here is my own variation.
And I know what question is burning in your mind :
What's the dif between a cupcake and muffin?

Sugar! As in the batter of a cupcake has more sugar and it's often topped with a sugar-based icing.
Im apparently more of a muffin girl since I hardly add an sugar (if any).

I prefer the honey or agave drizzled on top.

Also:
- coconut oil
- peanut butter with pomegranate cherry preserves
- throw in some fruit before "baking" and drizzle with honey

Im thinking this would be great in a savory version (maybe with zuchini or squash , spinach and tomatoes) but I have yet to try that out. I'll let you know when I do. :-)

Lazy Tea Cup Apple Muffin

Ingredients :

3 T spelt flour
1 t sticky rice flour (optional)
1/8 t finely ground salt
1 T coconut oil (melted)
1 - 2 T water (as needed, but the more water the moister)
1/4 t  almond extract + 1/4 t vanilla extract
1/4 t baking powder
1 T Sugar (optional, but i usually don't add it since the apple is sweet enough)
1/2 a small apple diced (or as i prefer it shaved with a vegetable peeler) or 1 T apple sauce (or pear)

Directions:

Mix ingredients in a small bowl (or mug or tea cup or other tiny microwave safe dish) throwing the apples in last.
Microwave for about 90 seconds


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?