Dole



While in Hawaii we went to the Dole Pineapple plantation. At first I was kind of outraged to think that there are pineapples in slavery in this day and age (granted it was 2009), but then I found out that plantation is just a special term for farm.

So then I had to erase thoughts of pineapples in chains singing hymms while drips of pineapple juice glistens on their overworked brow. As well as the idea that the unique pattern on pineapples comes from massa's whip.

Feel free to sing along with: Swing low sweet mandoline coming forth to choppa me home....



Anyhoo, it was a cute little spot. There was a big selection of food and goods in the store and not all pineapple flavored. I love pineapple as much as the next person (probably more), but after an hour of eating pineapple I want something salty.

I would have had more pictures, but it took me a while to figure out how much money I was willing to drop to ship fresh pineapples back to my home on the mainland. It cost $78 + a boatload of taxes to ship 6 to 7 pineapples, but they were so worth it. They arrived a week or so after I arrived home and were just what i needed for a midwinter boost.

Inside the main shop with all the kitschy goodies

I could really go for some fresh pineapple right now. Especially since I have a lovely sinus infection. Fresh pineapple does wonders for that sort of ailment. And taste wonderful. Nom nom nom.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?