Deconstructed lasagna

Pasta again??? Yes, pasta again.

What can I say, I live in the North East United States. Its cold and I am stressed. Healthy carbs do wonders for the stress levels and a warm plate of pasta knocks the chill off almost as good as cayenne pepper. On top of that I will admit to having an inordinate passion for Italian food.

And sometimes I dont want to wait for things to bake. I want to heat up a pan and cook so that I can eat sooner rather than later. So, I really like to deconstruct baked items. I've made pancakes in the microwave. Cookies in a pan. Casserole in a pot. And now it's lasagna's turn.


Hello, my name is stephanie.

Hi Stephanie!

It's been 3 days since my last hit of pasta. The last time I ate it was as deconstructed lasagna. I wanted some so bad I couldn't wait for it to bake in the oven, so I made it stove top. And the next day I did the same thing. But now I'm determined to resist the siren call of blatant carbitude

She's so brave!




Deconstructed Lasagna

Ingredients:
3 lasagna noodles (roughly broken)
1/2 c canned diced tomatoes (drained and rinsed)
1/4 c mushrooms (i love mushrooms)
1/2 c spinach (to justify the 3 lasagna noodles)
1 T olive oil

Herbs: (dont scoff at my use of dried herbs, I havent been shopping)
1/2 t dried oregano
1 t dried garlic
1 t dried onion

Cheesy topping:
1/2 c leftover italian scrambled tofu (who ever has this)
or
1/2 c nutritional yeast
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t sea salt
1 T olive oil
1 T water (or more if needed)

Directions:

1)Prepare noodles until al dente set aside in a bowl in their liquid to keep warm.

2) To the now empty pan add oil then veggies.
3) Add the seasoning mix so the flavors incorporate as the veggies cook.

4) Pour the liquid off the noodles and put the cooked veggie mixture on top.

5) Rinse the pan then add the Cheesy topping ingredients and stir to incorporate ingredients.
6) Heat until bubbles and thickens.
7) Pour over veggie mixture.
8) Devour with abandon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love boxes of Stuff!

:Re:laxation Tools

Do you ever Treat Yourself?